Saturday, April 7, 2012

This Just In: Winning The Presidency Is NOT About Being President

This sort of ties into my faith in humanity.  All I hear about the Obama campaign is that he's doing what he thinks will help this country the most.  From the Republican primary candidates, however, I hear only one reason being given for people to vote for them, repeated in my ears like a chant: Beat Obama, beat Obama, beat Obama.

Let me clarify this for people: The presidential race is NOT about becoming the next president so that your party is in office.  Being president, rather, is about being the best man (or woman, once that happens) to help the people of America.  It doesn't matter that a democratic or republican candidate wins the election.  If the person is not fit for the job, you and the rest of the country are screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment