Saturday, April 7, 2012

Another Shocker: High School Doesn't Actually Suck

For those of you in high school who can't wait to get to college, I am ready to smack you right now.  Do not waste some of the best years of your life.  Let me repeat that.

DO NOT WASTE SOME OF THE BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE.

As a guy, male bonding with "the bros" is my top priority.  In fact, time spent with friends in high school accumulated into my best set of memories ever.  Because once you get to college, it's all over.  Your friends will disperse across the region, maybe even across the country, and chances to be with them in person again are limited.  So I'm begging you all, with my largest regrets in mind:

Take advantage of the time you have in high school while you're still there.  It may not seem like it at first, but the fun is limited to eight years (four in high school and four in college), which is less than 10% of the average lifespan.  Once your four years of high school are over, the fun is half gone.  Oh, and, that girl in your class who you like?  Go for it.  You may actually have a chance at going out with her.  You'll never know until you try.  No, I don't want you to draw a connection between all of this and my personal life. Just worry about yourself for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment