Saturday, June 9, 2012

Boredom: I'm Doing It Wrong

I never thought this day would come: the day I actually get bored of being bored.  About a week ago I was accomplishing nothing perfectly, biding my time with video games and computer time.  And now what?  Due to my lack of free will (I can no longer sleep until 11:00, I have to get up at 9:30...) I am afraid to even touch the Xbox.  Is it even possible to play just one hour on that thing?  Once my morning curfew was set, I moved to spending more time on the computer, which frustrated my mom just as much.  So, I caught up on some old shows, watching them from the beginning and seeing episodes I missed towards the end.  Okay, it was really one show, which I finished.  It wasn't much, just a half hour per episode and only 2-4 seasons depending on how many episodes there were per season.  All was well until I completed the series (in two days, I might add); that's when all hell broke loose.  Every show that popped into my head after that was an unsatisfying replacement to the previous show, and I don't really have any interest in seeing a show that I have not seen before.  And, of course, my genre is narrowed down to an action/adventure show, with a plot that carries episode to episode.  I've thought of nothing.  So now, I have absolutely no idea what to do in my down time (when my friends are busy, that is).  Most of my time is spent simply deciding what to do with my time, which usually involves going on Facebook and continuously refreshing the page.  This boredom is killing me along with all of the chores I have to do, so I am trapped.  Maybe I could actually...*shudder*...read.

No comments:

Post a Comment