Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Bad Case Of Zone Defense

One thing I love about blog posts is that people get to see my thought process when I explain how the title actually makes sense in my mind.

At this point in my life, I should know that usually things turn out alright when I leave my comfort zone.  Unfortunately, that is something I REALLY can't seem to get myself to do.  As a coach, my mind is instructing my actions, the player, to stay put in his own zone.  The player, on the other hand, knows that it's better for the whole team if he leaves the zone to defend the opposition.  (With a lack of metaphor for the opposition, let's just say that my coach is playing against the team, I don't know.  I kind of lost it at this point.)  Yes, this is about a girl, and yes, my mom will ask me about this post after reading it.  So before I ramble on about every single thought in my mind, I'm just going to say that I could really use a good push to leave my comfort zone.  (Situation-controlling entity of the universe, this is where you sub in for skill to help us win the game.)

No comments:

Post a Comment